Academic Counseling Hours During Summer
Our front desk is staffed with counseling assistants who can answer general questions on campus Mondays-Thursdays 9am-4pm and available via Zoom Tuesday 12:30-1:30, Wednesday 1pm-3pm, & Thursday 1pm-4pm. We add our last student to the front desk a half hour before we close. For longer term planning and for more complex questions with an academic counselor, 45-minute appointments are available to book in Starfish (these are available via on campus, phone, or Zoom)!
Quick questions? Our front desk is staffed with counseling assistants who can answer general questions
weekly on-campus Monday-Thursday from 9am-4pm and the following Wednesdays until 6pm
(5/31, 6/7, 6/28, 8/16, 8/23). We are located on the bottom floor of the Student Services
Need longer course planning with an academic counselor? We offer on-campus and remote 45-minute appointments, weekly Mondays- Thursdays from 9am-4pm. On Fridays from 9am-1pm, we offer 45-minute remote only appointments. Continuing students can book these appointments in your Starfish.
If you have questions regarding TAG, UC and/or CSU applications please attend a virtual workshops and/or watch step-by-step tutorials offered by the SBCC University Transfer Center.
Review your most recent Student Educational Plan that you created with a counselor in Degree Planner.
Academic Counselors are here to:
- Assist students in planning and achieving their academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Educate students on transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Conduct Class Planning sessions for new students, classroom presentations and workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Refer students to University Transfer Center, Career Center, Health & Wellness, DSPS, and other student services.
Student Services Building
1st Floor - Room 120
Phone Hours: (805) 730-4085 from Monday-Friday 10am-12:30pm
This Week's Virtual/In-Person Counseling Appointment Availability:
Monday: 9am-4pm (in-person and remote)
Tuesday: 9am-4pm (in-person and remote)
Wednesday: 9am-4pm (in-person and remote)
Thursday: 9am-4pm (in-person and remote)
Friday: 9am -1pm (remote only)