Academic Counseling Spring Semester Hours
Need help with quick questions? Counselors are available on campus Monday, Tuesday, & Thursday 9am-4pm and Wednesday 9am-6pm. Can't make it to campus? No problem! We also offer quick counselor help via Zoom Monday - Thursday 1pm-4pm. We add our last student to the front desk a half hour before we close. For longer term planning and for more complex questions, 45-minute appointments are available to book in Starfish now (these are available via on campus, phone, or Zoom)!
Review your most recent Student Educational Plan that you created with a counselor in Degree Planner.
Academic Counselors are here to:
- Assist students in planning and achieving their academic and career goals.
- Develop individualized Student Educational Plans (SEP).
- Educate students on transfer & SBCC requirements.
- Counsel students on success strategies.
- Conduct Class Planning sessions for new students, classroom presentations and workshops.
- Teach Personal Development/College Success courses.
- Refer students to University Transfer Center, Career Center, Health & Wellness, DSPS, and other student services.
Phone Hours: Monday-Thursday 10am-1pm